The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Technical Committee 17 (Non-Destructive Evaluation) of the European Structural Integrity Society, the Russian Committee of the European Structural Integrity Society, the Institute of Engineering Science (Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences), and the Institute of Continuous Media Mechanics (Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences) are pleased to announce that the 15th International Conference on MECHANICS, RESOURCE AND DIAGNOSTICS OF MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES will be held on December 20-24, 2021.
The First Information Letter
Registration and paper submission deadlines extended to October 11, 2021
The International Conference on MECHANICS, RESOURCE AND DIAGNOSTICS OF MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES pursues the traditions of the conferences entitled “Mechanics of Microinhomogeneous Materials and Fracture” and “Resource and Diagnostics of Materials and Structures” held since 2001.
The aims of the conference are to generalize and exchange advanced scientific experience, to develop the interdisciplinary approach to the diagnostics and evaluation of the service life of materials and structures, and to develop scientific relations among research groups working in this field.
The subject-matter of the event corresponds to the priority lines of basic research in the field of material sciences and takes into consideration world development trends.
A special feature of the conference is participation of specialists working in different lines of research, and this enables us to unite researchers working in mechanics of materials, materials science and nondestructive testing and attract industry experts to solving scientific and applied problems on the development of advanced technologies and reliable structures.
SCOPE OF CONFERENCE
The conference will cover the most important areas of basic research, such as:
- new techniques for studying and predicting the service life of mechanisms and structures under production and operation, which are based on a integrated approach to the evaluation of the current state of engineering and functional materials in terms of nondestructive testing, materials science and mechanics
- methodology of using the results of nondestructive testing and material science analysis in models of mechanics to predict the service life of materials and structures
- state-of-the-art technologies of material design, production, processing and testing aimed at increasing the level of functional properties, durability, reliability and survivability of machine parts and structural components operated under extreme conditions
- interdisciplinary approach to studying advanced materials with a multilevel hierarchic structure in order to create new processes and reliable structures
- integrated study and prediction of the lifetime of biological objects and living organisms on the basis of nondestructive testing, materials science, and biomechanics
SECTION 1. Mechanics of damage and fracture (ESIS topic)
SECTION 2. Structural aspects of deformation and fracture (ESIS topic)
SECTION 3. Testing and diagnostics of materials and structures (ESIS topic)
SECTION 4. Materials with a multilevel hierarchical structure (ESIS topic)
SECTION 5. Aspects of the modeling of materials with a multilevel hierarchical structure (ESIS topic)
SECTION 6. Physical methods for diagnostics and materials science in medicine
SECTION 7. Fluid and gas mechanics in engineering and living systems
- Scientific foundations for the development of materials with a multilevel hierarchic structure, including those designed for extreme operation conditions, namely
- materials for aerospace and transportation industries;
- materials for nuclear-power engineering;
- materials for operation under Arctic conditions;
- medical materials
- Instability and localization of deformation and fracture in hierarchically structured materials
- Methods and devices for nondestructive testing of hierarchically structured materials and structures, including welded joints
- Mechanics of damage and fracture
- Material models
- Applied issues of the the strength theory
- Strength, durability, and crack resistance
- Plasticity and strain resistance
- Physical and mechanical properties under extreme effects
- Relations among the structural, mechanical and physical properties of materials
- Fracture and wear under contact interaction
- • Enhancement of the mechanical properties and structural strength of materials
- Creation of materials with a prescribed structure
- Production and processing of functional materials
- Methods and devices for the diagnostics of physical and mechanical properties
- Physical methods and devices for nondestructive testing
- Experimental mechanics
- Material processability and fracture in technological processes
- Evaluation and prediction of material properties degradation in operation
- Material damage in structures
- Simulation and evaluation of reliability and survivability of technical objects
- Life testing of materials and structures
- Fracture examination
- Fluid, gas, and plasma mechanics in engineering and living systems
PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
The conference activities will consist of online plenary and sectional sessions, as well as poster presentations at the conference website. Invited speakers will lecture at the plenary sessions.
Plenary presentation time is 30 min. Sectional presentation time is 15 min. Poster presentations are submitted as PDF posters with the resolution of at least 150 dpi.
The conference provides for remote participation with online presentations, as well as with poster presentations. The poster presentations are to be sent to the Organizing Committee.
COLLECTION OF CONFERENCE PAPERS
All contributions will be peer-reviewed and considered for a special issue of Procedia Structural Integrity, which is indexed in the Web of Science and Scopus abstract databases of journal articles and conference proceedings.
Please submit your materials in English in the form of 5 page papers before 31 August, 2021 (please pay attention to the price).
The requirements for papers can be found at the conference website. Papers written in improper English or those inconsistent with the requirements may be rejected.
The journal of Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, abbreviated as DReaM, plans to publish some materials of the conference papers in a number of its special issues dedicated to the memory of Prof. Eduard Gorkunov (1945 2020), RAS Academician, the founder of the journal and its first editor-in-chief.
The journal of Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures abbreviated as DReaM, registration certificate SMI El No. FS77-57355 dated 24 March, 2014. The journal website: dream-journal.org. The requirements for papers can be found on the DReaM journal website.
Registration and paper submission – August 31, 2021
Submission of presentations – November 30, 2021
Payment transfer – October 15, 2021
Conference time: December 20-24, 2021
All conference participants are welcome to register online at the conference website
Registration of participants and submission of abstracts are available online at the website
https://www.imach.uran.ru/conf2021/reg/ till August 31, 2021.
The program of the conference includes invited and oral presentations, which are selected and distributed among the sections by the Program Committee. The list of accepted papers will be posted at the website after October 15, 2021.
Due to the specificity of the online conference, only one report can be submitted from one author.
Speakers are supposed to send their presentations to the Organizing Committee in *.ppt (preferably) or *.pdf format before November 30.
LOCATION OF CONFERENCE
- The conference will be held at the Institute of Engineering Science, UB RAS, 34 Komsomolskaya St., Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- Official languages: Russian and English.
- Papers not meeting the requirements will be rejected.